The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yes.....it is gone!

Today was a satisfying selling day.
I re-posted on Craigs List for the remaining unsold motorcycle
earlier today.
I listed it at $500 for the cycle, and then I said that we
also have loads of new helmets, O'Neal boots, full youth outfits, etc.
I received several pathetic offers like,
um, will you take $400 for all of it?
Awww....get outta here.
Then late afternoon I saw this one -
please call 321-xxx-xxxx
I was like, are you kidding??  no way am I calling.
Well, then I thought, dang it why not, what could it hurt?
I used our long distance phone w/ Vonage, it always comes through
as unlisted....usually people (even my own family do not pick up).
Well, this gentleman did.
I told him I was calling in reference to the KTM Cycle.
He was like, wonderful!
(so far so good)
I am on Grant, where are you located?
Oh, we are two streets away from you.
I would really like to see the bike, when can I stop over.
Now is fine.
See you in a second.
I told him about the sticking float needle.
He got right on it, man handling it around like he knew what 
he was doing.
Said he was getting ready to start teaching his four year old to ride,
would I throw in a set of gear? 
If so he would pay me the $500 cash now.
You bet I will.
I ended up selling him a few other extra accessories we had in 
a box in the garage for $20 more and we were both 
pretty stoked.
I gave him the owners manual and title. 
(Kev disclosed the fact that these items were all out in the garage all along!!
the other guy didn't get the owners manual or title...
had no idea we even had them.)
The End.  
Hasta Lavista Baby.
It's been Real.
Good Riddance.
Sianara.
Hola...coveted garage space!
Hello Dillards additional 40% off for card holders tomorrow only!!
(Just kidding honey)
No I'm not....j/k...I am.
not.
really.
Now if I could just get my hands on those blasted unused jet skis!!!
Please......!
Say the word.
Let me at em.....you won't regret it.
P.S. I also unloaded two large boxes of books for $40 and all of M's old dance outfits for $20....
productive day I tell ya!

3 comments:

HB said...

UGH - teaching a 4 year old to ride a motorcycle? I'd sooner break a leg then watch that hot mess. Speaking of legs...Unused jet skis?? I distinctly remember Jason used them with you guys and came away with a few months worth of stinky cast action...Pretty sure. Just kidding. No, I'm NOT kidding. It really happened. Really...not...yes, really.

mytalkinghead said...

That a girl. Way to hold out for the price you wanted! AND nice that he was right there close to pick it all up pronto! Too bad I didn't have a crack at riding that... I remember when I got on Jason Dana's 50, burned down their driveway straight into the opposing curb, and endued right over the top of the handle bars onto my derriere... It happened in about 2 seconds flat! hahaaaaaaaaaa I think that was about a day after Seth had run it right straight into their back fense and flew off!!!

Melissa said...

Yeah.....to bad you didn't get a crack at it....sounds like that may have brought the value of the old boy right up for us. bummer.