The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Friday, September 23, 2011

All Jammed out.....

I just returned home from teaching my 
last installment of 
three Dance Jam classes....now called
"Dance Interval" 
which I like much better.
I had wrapped my mind around a possible rough ending.
I was just hoping and praying someone would show up.
I got there 5 minutes early.....
 clock was ticking....
.............
...... minutes pasted....
I was trying to look busy with the music....
for who?
 no one was in there.
It got time...at one point the door opened,
but it was just the floor manager giving a tour to a future member.....

finally!
Oh my gosh.
I did get 4 attendees.
PHEW.
The class will go forward.

It was so much fun.
We had a ball.
Worked our butts off.
Drank, and sweat, and enjoyed the movement.

After, everybody was complimentary.
Yes, EVERYBODY....all 4.
But especially Judy, 
she came up and said I need to tell you something.
Your class was wonderful.
I am going to go do a write up saying we need to keep your class.
I thought it was perfect.
I just think not enough people have given it a chance.

Oh.....
Thank you so much.
It was like mana from Heaven.
She could not know how much her comments meant to me.
It allowed me to walk away feeling so good.
That was my little baby creation.
I put my sweat and tears into that guy.
I consider it a successful endever, 
and a happy ending.
I am grateful I overcame my fear of teaching "dance" and
just went for it.
Done.
check mark.
What's next??

Oh, just in case you are wondering,
the line dance stayed, I did it much different than the first 
attempt.  I just used the movements and repeated them
rather than going from one move to the next, to the next.
Make sense?
I hit the nail on the head this go round.

2 comments:

HB said...

I knew the line dance was a good idea. So...what do you mean you are glad you gave it a go? Do you not get to teach it anymore? Did the other teacher come back? So much pressure M...I am glad you did it as well and hope you get to continue to grow the class. HB

Melissa said...

HB - the class is cut. The other teacher will not be back. I just saw that Maria put a jazz class in. So we will see how that one does. I am sure the older ladies will appreciate that more. I said that I was glad to give it a go because I was very intimidated about dancing infront of others, I had no skill, I was a scaredy pants. Through out Dance Jam I shook my booty, shimmied, did the box step,etc., etc., and I am not afraid any more. Whooohooo!