The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Our Own Private Cloud Burst.....


Yesterday started out a little rocky for our family.
I woke up @ 5:00am as usual, 
ready to teach early morning sculpt with the girls.
I got ready, woke Ethan up, but as I was 
literally walking out the door it started to pour.
Bummer!
I came back in waited a few,
emailed the girls what I thought to be obvious...
duh, no class today.....
as if I need to tell you this.
Lawson woke up from the rain and went to the 
bathroom,
Kev, got up even, and was all discombobulated.
I passed him on his way to the rest room,
(popular place this morn)
We could hear the rain,
he said, is that from outside?
pause...
yes, that rain sound is from outside.....correct.
Everyone but Ethan and I went back to bed.
I decided I would begin a project and maybe try and workout later.
I started with my desk....
As I was working away I got an email from T.,
this was around 6:20am,
She said, Emily gave us a great class this morning....
are you up yet?
Huh?
What do you mean?....you went to the park?...
in the rain??
There was no rain....good try.....we know you slept in.
HEY, it rained like mad here!
Well, everyone was there but you.
Everyone includes girls that have to drive past our street to get to the park.
and no one saw rain....
except for,
 I was told later one gal that comes from the opposite direction,
she saw a little but just came anyway.

I felt like a huge dork!
I was so mad.
Everyone is whining (bragging) about their sore this,
and sore that.
I have never been less sore in my life.
I sent T a picture of our wet patio...
she said I probably used the hose on it.
I dug into my projects....I was propelled forward....

This past week I made a purchase for our family.
Ta -Daaaa!
PING-PONG TABLE!!
Our family is heavy into ping-pong,
my siblings and their spouses as well....
or should I say, especially?
My parents have a table in their basement. 
Their walls (sheet rock) 
display the current champion at all times.
It is a coveted and sought after achievement.
Let me just say this: 
Look out family....
the Christensen's are going to be more than ready this year.

More than ready.

This table is a real beauty.  
A lady on my homeschool email group,
I stay connected with this group for this reason alone,
was selling it for $80.
It is a X-3000 Sportcraft.
Clean one owner, less than a year old.
I asked why they were selling it,
well we just don't have the room for it.  
Ha, I hear you there.
But I figure you find a way to make the important things
fit into your life/home.

When the kids and I went to pick it up I had to chuckle to my
self, they lived in a mansion.
I wondered why she didn't just tell me they just don't use it.
 Because believe it or not,
for us it actually added room to our place.
Look down, now instead of just a tiny hall to welcome our
many visitors, we have a foyer...
or as some would call it, a fwa - yey.
I'm pretty sure once you add furniture to a space it is automatically
another room in the house....
am I right?
I was standing in the closet while taking
this shot, but still.
 Here is another look into the fwayey from the "Great Room".
 I had to take that tall table from the office, and replace it with
this short one so the kids could have a place for Legos
besides having them out behind the couches with them
squished together.

To make room for the Ping -Pong table there
was some displacement.
I really do not want to get rid of any of our
precious tables.
I know in my heart of hearts, 
that one day,
one day we will move out of this house.
So I have got to hang onto any item that I care about.
I will find a place for it, find another room I 
didn't already know about....
whatever it takes.
I am really happy with the way things look here.
As you can see we have condensed the work out room
with the play room.
Part of the challenge in playing on our table is trying to get to 
the ball that gets past you and into the combo room directly 
behind your back.
You also need to be a little careful not to take too big a swing
with your paddle
or you will make contact with the weighted barbell.
Definitely good training, 
and keeps you on your toes.

While I was cleaning out closets and reorganizing things I came 
across these white curtains for M's room.
Her blinds have been broken forever, we have been rigging them
each morning and night.
Well.....no more.
Felt good to rip those down....
along with small chunks of paint.
I started a few other biggies, but I am not prepared 
to show them at this time.
As soon as I am done I will unveil.

Oh, yeah,
I forgot to tell you one of the most important parts 
of the morning.
Kev called me into our room after he had gone back to 
sleep for an hour or so.
He was in distress.
He said, why don't you put a bowl out there?
Excuse me hon, why don't I what?
Put a bowl down!
Why?
OPEN YOUR EYES...!
Water is coming in everywhere....do something!
I look again into the dry playroom.

Honey, open your eyes....you are dreaming.
You are having a nightmare about the rain and our playroom roof.

I have not mentioned it yet on my blog,
but this is what I found the other day after the rain.
I gasped.
I was so, so disappointed.
I am tearing up now.
There is a new leak in the roof.  
A different spot.
Kev is tore up about it, and apparently it is weighing heavy on his mind.
Makes sense if you remember the last leak.
Read HERE and HERE if you need a reminder.

He said he had nerver had a more real dream.
He had walked into the front room and looked into the playroom.
Water was coming in all along the back portion of the ceiling.
I had moved the Ping-Pong table to the opposite
edge to try and save it.
I really liked that he was already dreaming about the table 
and that it evidently means a great deal to him.
He had been beaten by Ryker the previous evening.
That was after he gave me a hard time for getting the table to begin with.
Come to find out he cares deeply for it.
Can you understand why we are a little sensitive about the rain?
Are you maybe a little curious 
as to why our house was singled out
to have a cloud burst unload on it yesterday morning?
Just a little curious?
Truth be told.....
I'm kinda glad it did....it got me more motivated than I have
been in a very long time to do some house stuff.
I never did get to that workout.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another epic post Melissa. We really missed you that morning but I think it was karma acting in your favor. You certainly can stand to miss a workout every blue moon, and look at well you expended that energy into some sweet home projects!

Anonymous said...

love this post. Your blog is always so fun to read. I LOVE the new ping pong table. It does look super nice!

HB said...

I'm confused...did the room leak or was it really just a bad dream? I read it twice and am still confused. It is good to know Kevin really did care that much about the previous leak. I cannot believe how MUCH rain you had coming down in the video - that is crazy.

It feels so good to be productive, although I know how much you love those morning workouts. I am a little nervous to play you again at table tennis...Do you have room to put some sort of curtain or pull down blind between the pool table and weights? Maybe that would contain the balls better.

LOL - HB

Melissa said...

HB - it was really just a bad dream. Yes, there is a new leak, however, at that time it was not leaking or even raining. Glad to have you back from your long as heck trip!