The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, September 12, 2011

You had me at Choff.....

Picture this....
having just worked out very vigorously....
being rewarded with 
shaky, albeit happy muscles, 
dripping with sweat....
 today, instead of getting in my car and heading 
straight home, 
I head in the opposite direction....
I turn towards my friend's house instead!!
In the dark.
In the early morning...before most people are even 
thinking of getting out of bed....
I am thinking of drinking Choffy and
having fun!!!
Myself and my other lucky friend Christi,
get out and walk to the door,
we are greeted with the 
 shweet schmell of 
Choffy .... and Tiramisu.
(ok, couldn't smell the Tiramisu...but I saw it with my eyes and that was even better than smelling it,
but not as good as tasting it.)
Tina invited us over for a little 
TETE - A - TETE

but between three friends, instead of two.

Yum!!
We have been pumped up to try this "Choffy" 
for a while now.
It is brewed cocoa beans.
Tina has been bragging this phenomenal dark chocolate 
drink up for weeks now.
She has had us all salivating at the mouth and finally
broke down and had a few of us over.

OK...
I am not going to lie,
I think it is an acquired taste....
and I have every intention
of acquiring it. 
At first taste it is very bitter.
She had lots of creamers, sugar, and what not available 
to try with it.
I went with a hazelnut add in.
better.
She sent the ground beans through the press up above.
It was pretty cool.
There are tons of reasons to drink choffy as opposed to 
coffee....but rather than me trying to tell you about them
and getting them all wrong and
mix up all the "antioxidant" details and so forth, 
just go check out her blog if you 
have an interest.

Part two of the TETE A TETE....
The Tiramisu was to die for!
Now, I am not a connoisseur of these things....
but I will tell you this little cup O goodness
was amazing!
Tina offered Christi and I a personal cup,
or if we felt we wouldn't be able to finish that portion,
 we could opt for a small slice out
of the pan.
Yah....right!
We will both take the personalized predone dishes.
I hear Christi gafa and say something to the
effect that she would have no problem putting
that little guy away.
It was naturally made with Choffy instead of Coffee,
 and no alcohol of course.
"Mormon Approved"
Yowsa....what can I say about this stuff....
there are no words to describe it adequately....
um, ok, let me try....
velvety.
moist.
rich.
unexpected.
surprising.
perfect.
that cocoa powder on top.....sooooo delish!
The lady fingers on the bottom....
dripping in choffy goodness.
you gettin the picture?
Here is her blog again where you will find the recipe for this
mound of heavenly delight. 

Before  /  After

I had so much fun this morning.
Thank you.
What a perfect start to the day.
Maybe this could be our new GNO time.
Before the rest of the family is even out of bed!!!
(not the case w/ her son Braden)
I want to do this once a month.....PLEASE!!!!!
Even though you say that Choffy does not contain 
caffeine, but rather bromamine......or whatever it is,
I was a ball of energy.
I was a super powered drill sergent when I got home with the kids.
(A nice one)  We had a lot to get done before Lawson's party....and we did it!
I loved it.
But you are right.
No jitters, or crazy crash at any time....
just didn't come home and feel the need to crawl into bed.
Whooohoo!

3 comments:

HB said...

Huh - I will have to try it. Sounds delicious - reminds me of Postam - remember Postam? We all loved it didn't we? I don't know if they even make it anymore, but I do have a jar at my house...might need to bust it out one of these days...maybe at Christmas? I assume the beans get ground like coffee beans? Maybe you can even brew it like coffee instead of using a press?

Melissa said...

Yes, the beans are ground like coffee beans, and for sure it can be brewed like coffee. You should give it a try. Oh yeah I remember Postam very fondly.

HB said...

I forgot to mention how lovely it sounds to start your day in such a rewarding and full way (I guess I mean that literally AND figuratively). That is what I like about mornings with Travis - you already had fun before the real work begins. In your case you had fun AND were productive - I can tell you felt great.