The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tennis Anyone.....?

So I have been thinking about going to 
play tennis at the Desoto Courts on Wednesday 
mornings @ 8:00am for a few years.
I always see the information about women's 
pick up games in every city recreation brochure.
Finally I said,
that's it.  
I am going this Wed.

I got pumped up for it.....
not knowing how good or advanced the ladies would 
be that I would be playing I was a little nervous.

Heck yea I wanna play some tennis....
 What you lookin at?....lets go!
 COME ON
I will take you on any day!
 What?...you want a piece of me...?!
You got it!  It's GO TIME!
 Oh...heck yeah, I will take you both on...
Meet Marge and Dorthy....
  
There's Vera, she had just pulled a muscle, 
and then the lady in the blue (can't remember her name) is 88, 
she has a mean serve I will tell you.
Madge is hard of hearing, she is the one with the red cap.
She was struggling with not following through with her hits...
but we still won.
She invited me to her annual Christmas potluck.
I am welcome to bring my significant other, my partner,
or spouse.
They were all very nice.
Quite good to, as long as the ball was hit within arms reach.
I will definitely get better with my placement
if I continue to play with them.
As it was nearing the end of our playing I saw these
other younger women filing in.
A big group of them.
They looked young and spry.
They were laughing and having fun.....
I felt a tiny bit weird and out of place suddenly 
with my current company.
When we were on a drink break I said that I would be right back.
I ran into the office to speak w/ Lori.
I want to play with those other ladies....
the young ones that came in.
Oh....they are a tournament team and I'm sorry 
but you do not qualify.
oooooohhhh
why not?
You are not 55 or over.
What the heck?
My age group plays every Thursday while I am teaching 
at the club.
So it will be me and the the grans for now.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Gosh dang, why didn't we play when I was there!? Lovin' it girl...have a fun time! I always wanted to play there too but too much going on with the kids.

HB said...

LOL!!! I am rolling on the floor right now!! I cried a little. Do you still have it? Glover thought you were pretty good in the day with your two handed forehand...do you still hit back and front w/two hands? Give those Seniors hell M!!!

LOL - Lot's of Love,
HB

Melissa said...

Yes! Still two handed both ways. Two is better than one for this girl.