The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A new discovery....Texting......!

Last Saturday the boys and K went shark fishing 
from 7:00 - 11:00pm.
While they were gone M and I did girl stuff,
which included watching "Little House on the Prairie".
I have her pretty much hooked.
At one point I took my leave and had a quick bath,
while I was in there Cauley heard my phone get a text.
She was quite anxious, it was from dad.
I said just read it to me....
what if I don't know all the words,
it will be ok.
Just spell them out to me and we will go through it 
together.
She proceeds to read the urgent message....
here's a small snippet - 
"........he had his b-o-s-s'-s (space) k-e-y-s (space)
we had to go back to w-h-e-r-e (space) he 
works to t-u-r-n (space) them in....."

Ok, good job.
Go ahead and text him back if you like....
or just wait for me, I will be out in a few minutes.
I want to,
But what about my spelling?
It is ok, he will be able to figure it out.
I told her the ins and outs through the door and she
was off....
I will translate....I thought
this was too cute and special not to hang onto and share.

Hav you cot ene fish god nit i lov you.
pes. Wen are cumen bac?
(Have you caught any fish? Good night, I love you.
p.s. When are you coming back?)

11:30...Mac T, is that u....?

Babe. Is. Giten rile. Tird. And so am ie.  And bie the 
wae. It is McCauley.
(Baby is getting really tired and so am I.  And by the way,
it is McCauley.)

Sweet...!  Good texting Mac T.

The.  Cucedow. Wus. Gud.

Sweet girl....! I love cookie dough....!

Ples col me makte
(Please call me MacT)

I'm sure you get the idea.
She has been texting Kevin at the table, behind the couch.....
very fun.

......................................................


"Speak as little as possible about yourself.
Mind your own business.
Do not manage others.
Avoid curiosity.
Accept Correction.
Pass over mistakes.
Accept insults.
Accept dislikes.
Do not seek to be special.
Yield, even when right.
Be kind and gentle.
Choose always the Hardest."

 - Mother Teresa           
    

I copied this down while staying with my parents in Utah.
We had quite a few discussions about these recommendations.


Do you agree with all of them?
Is there one you know you want to do better at?
I know there were a few for me....

Have a great day!


5 comments:

C and K said...

LOVE McCauley's phonetic spelling!! A must keep, somewhere permanent, not the internet:). The Mother Theresa quote is powerful, but not sure I agree with it all. Maybe it's just hard to hear. "avoid curiosity"...a factor in learning about people is the art of curiosity. Just my opinion...

HB said...

Oh MacT...how cute is that. I bet Kevin died a little inside with so much love in his heart!!

Mother T...It reminds me of that class we took a while back (Qwest). They said "there is no hope"...in the end you understand there is no WISHING.

I have a whole book of Mother Theresa's quotes and I think this list of recommendations would help reduce gossip and hurt feelings say...at Church or between friends...or ones spouse come to think of it.

I don't agree with all the statements for ALL situations, but thinking about the last fight I had with T makes me think most of these would have been wise to adhere to and I would not have felt so terrible...HB

HB said...

Pes - R u Babe?

Melissa said...

HB - well, yes I am "Babe" to K. But M was referring to her baby doll. I will be sure and get baby on the blog soon. She is definitely worth seeing. M is a good little mommy. She named her Emma.....but I have never heard her call her any thing but baby.... which I actually prefer.

HB - you nailed it with Mother T. - I have had a hard time coming to grips with every thing on her recommendation list.....like Colleen mentioned, the "don't be curious".... don't be curious about another persons business, it's Non yas (to coin your phrase), also, don't be curious about how it would be to smoke, (thinking of my kids), you know it is bad for your body, accept that and move on, etc.

The don't try and be special......COME ON....I think she is saying don't try and be better than others. Don't put yourself as more than your neighbor....? Am I close??

Thanks for your thought provoking comments.

Christi said...

Really good words to live by, thanks for sharing :)