The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, August 15, 2011

This thought MOTIVATES me.....

Man look at this INSANE Chick!
What is she like working out at the speed of light??
This is my Sista Amy.
This was taken during our last workout together while 
we were visiting Utah.
She has a sweet work out space in their garage.
We were dying trying to get through one of the "Insanity" DVDs 
after a 3 mile run.
I must say it is good to have workout buddies.
Seriously....I wanted to quit so bad,
but I watched Amy keeping at it, and of course I would not 
let her see me being a quitter.  
I may have been on the verge of blacking out, and possibly 
vomiting....but I am no quitter.
There are days that I don't feel like getting out there at 5:20 a.m.
and sweating my brains out.
I admit it...not too many, but when those days come
- I remember this:

"I have *never* regretted going for a run,
but I always regret skipping it"

it. is. that. simple.

That propels me day in and day out.
I always feel so good when I am done.
I am grateful that I have friends to share, and work on fitness
goals with.

Thank you.

One thing I have decided I really want to do with my blog is to post something each day 
that has inspired or motivated me one way or another.
Anything form quotes, healthy recipes, to a certain exercise
or challenge I think you might be interested in trying.
I am always pasting these kinds of things around our office, on the fridge,
in my planner, etc.
Well, I finally thought....what the heck?
I want to share these with my homies.
I have whole bunch stacked up that I can't wait to post.....
so check in my fitness friends.
You won't want to miss a DETAIL.
Oh yeah.....waaaaaay corny.
I will still do the family stuff as well when there is something to share
....but these will be an everyday nugget of knowledge.
Hopefully something to take away and use.
Now this is proof of an excellent workout.
I was surprised when I stood up, Amy had one to,
we worked hard that day.
What gets you up and out the door?

3 comments:

C and K said...

Wow, you and your sister are crazy workout ladies!! :) Love your posts. Now with a few quiet moments on my hand, I finally get to read them all. Miss hanging out Melis. It feels like forever, and now with no gym membership, I will see even less of you. Loved your post of conscious eating. Motivates me! Love you and hope to finally do a double date with you and the Kevins soon.

Melissa said...

Colleen, thank you for taking the time to comment!!! That makes my day. I miss you to! I am glad you and Bethany are doing the class at the rec center together. I am sure that is a better fit for your family. K and I are definitely up for the double date....name the time and place!

HB said...

I too liked the comments of mindful eating. Sometimes it is easy to resist temptation and most of the time it is easier to "start tomorrow" I do that A LOT...Sometimes it is just overwhelming to think of everything I SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be doing. I know..."one day at a time" and all that...I sound like I am complaining, but really just fitting the "is it good for me" into my mind. I just read something similar the other day, something like "Sunday's (the ice cream ones) are not your friend, they don't love you"...I look forward to your daily tips...HB