The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Been thinking about sneezing lately...

I just got in bed, but then thought better of it, I have been thinking how crazy sneezes are lately. What brought it up, was that the other morning the timing was just right that when I went in to wake the boys up for school and was opening the blinds I had a massive sneeze. It couldn't have been done on purpose if I had tried. It was sheer luck. But they were all bothered and annoyed, saying that it really wasn't a sneeze at all, that I just came in there and yelled. OH, Please. Sneezing seems to be a fairly common topic in our family. Kevin is always trying to make me change how I sneeze. I like the way I sneeze. It feels good. It roughs my throat up and I love it. He wants me not to sneeze through my voice box. Then what's the point?! You know what, his sneezes are not a walk in the park....he always has to sneeze 4 x in a row. I used to interrupt him in his sneezing attacks. I could make it so he wouldn't be able to get all four out. It really upset him. Well, YAH! People are attached to the way they sneeze for a reason. So I stopped distracting him, and wait for the episod to pass. I know why he is bothered somewhat w/ my sneezing, because I have a public sneeze and a family style sneeze. In the picture above would be an example of my public sneeze, it is like a small dainty cough. achew. There is NOTHING satisfying about it. There is no point to it. I do it because I am in PUBLIC. I do feel for my family, growing up, and to this day I REALLY, REALLY don't care for the way my parents sneeze. My mom's is the worst....it is soooooo loud, it is a full body tremor, grab the table kind of display. You always have the urge to ask, "GEESE, are you alright, did you hurt yourself?" The difference between she and I is that she only has this one style of sneeze. It is quite the show stopper. Kevin should feel privileged that I feel comfortable enough to sneeze the "real me" sneeze in front of him. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

How funny! I have a naturally LOUD sneeze. If I feel it coming on, I can try and quiet it down somewhat. But if not, watch out. My husband, on the other hand, likes the attention and purposely makes his sneezes LOUDER. What a funny combination we make. :D

HB said...

I love a good powerful sneeze. I also have a public sneeze, although it is not dainty like yours seems to be, but it has less follow through then my at home sneeze. I like to follow-up with a loud "hewey" type shout...reminds me of Dad. Travis also hates my sneezes and he also sneezes multiple times like Kevin. I need to know how to interupt him - he always has to blow his nose before they stop. It is way more annoying in my mind then a one time show stopper...HB

Melissa said...

You said it HB, Waaaayyyy more annoying. I guess no one thinks their own sneezes are obnoxious. Oh, the interrupting is easy, just start talking, play up the sneezing, here comes another one, it is simple annoying distraction. I really enjoyed the challenge of it when I was still doing it to Kevin.