The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Monday, August 30, 2010

THIS just happened!

I hated to wake Lawson up in the middle of the night, but I had no choice. I was coming back to bed after a quick trip to the bathroom, remember how I wrote about our new "glorious" toilet in a previous post?, well it is still great, only there is an issue I haven't mentioned, until now because it pertains to this latest post, but come to find out when installed it was not completely sealed somewhere along the back, so we have been having quite-a-few-more visitors from down under. I am meaning roaches. Yes, it is disgusting, you always have to be on guard. Many members of the family have banned this bathroom completely because they are too creeped out. (it is going to be fixed this week). Any way, back to tonight, I went in, had a confrontation w/ a small roach or two. I was preoccupied w/ my recent struggle and practically jumped out of my skin when I am POSITIVE I saw something really huge run across the floor in front of me and out of sight in our bed room. NO WAY!!! I cruise into the boys room and flip the light on.....I KNEW IT!!....(glad I did), one of the gerbil cage lids was off. I woke Lawson up, cuz it was his cage.
Here is McCauley slumbering through almost the entire process. (Kev is still in Afganistan).
This gerbil was insane, when Lawson was on one side it would charge out the other. I have a friend that said she just couldn't stand the thought of one of these things ever getting loose in her house. Again, I didn't buy into it. I was like, they are pets, I know they are pets, I don't think it would be any big deal. Here I am wrong again. It wasn't fine with me. There was a hairy RODENT running like a mad man in my bedroom!!
I know it doesn't look like it in this photo, but it was running straight for me in this picture....believe it or not!
This is my little night time hero. (although he was the one to cause this trauma in the first place) I was still very grateful. I couldn't believe the final take down, I screamed when it was charging me and he made a huge leap for it...Man, that was pretty crazy. I was too pumped to go back to sleep right away. I actually thought it was deep into the night when this happened....it was really 12:50. What in the heck was I doing up going to the bathroom so soon???????

5 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I'm glad it was the gerbil and not something ELSE! :D

HB said...

I can relate - When I take Bart out at night to go potty I often hear rustling noises and lately I could swear there was something under my front deck. I always go out armed with a flashlight and figured I was just creeping myself out...well, turns out there was actually a TURKEY BUZZARD under my deck for like a week. That's right, A BUZZARD and it was HUGE!! I made my nephew and his friend get it out of there. What the heck? I can't say it will completely take away the adrenaline charge I get every night when Bart and I go exploring, but it is nice to know I am not crazy. HB

Melissa said...

When our gerbil got out she went straight to the petstore! Hope you can keep them in line :) What a funny ordeal though. And by the way, never compare your life to others...I've always loved hearing about your family adventures because we don't do any of that!

Shelly Hyde said...

That is hilarious. i love the picture of the running mad man. love seeing you in the blogging world girl.

Anonymous said...

one day you will head my counsel.... :)