The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bomb Squad....

Yesterday we had some excitement on our street.....I was hanging out doing my thing waiting on the younger kids to get home from school when the phone rang. When I answered it was Ryker's teacher from Surfside Elementary. She said she had gotten an email that said not to send any children home that lived on Avocado St., until confirming with a parent that it was ok to do so. So would you like to come pick your kids up, or let them ride their bikes?? Ummm...can you tell me what the concern is? Part of Avocado is blocked of, the police are there with the bomb squad......HUH? I walked out to the driveway and sure enough, a block farther down from our place there were police cars and a fire engine and the whole bit. I said they could ride their bikes and I would be on the look out for them. A minute later Lawson's teacher called w/ the same drill. It made me feel really good that the school was on top of things.
Ethan's school didn't make a call, he got clear down to our street and the police are like, "Where do you think you're going?" Ethan was like, dead ahead to my home. "Oh no you're not kid, you will need to go around." He was a little put out.
One of my favorite sights to see at 3:00pm - Monday - Friday.
It was 8 hours worth of excitement. Three helicopters stood their ground for several hours above our place. Here is the measly story. It was no big deal at all. But it was good drama while it was taking place. Oh the wild life we lead here in Satellite Beach. Do you know what YOUR neighbors do for fun????

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Shady neighbors!!! Makin' bombs huh...totally freaky with the helicopters. We were wondering what that thing was doing yesterday!