The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whoa....hold on a minute....

Yesterday was a great day. Really nice. Relaxing. I look forward to next time. Well, a friend of mine called at one point. (I don't think I am supposed to use other people's name on my blog w/out permission, so I will call her......Mina). I was telling her what a grand time I was having with my new found freedom. Being honest, and saying that I can't even believe the stage I am in right now. Do other moms actually go to the beach and hang out and stuff?? She was like, "Sure, only most the moms I know are at the tennis club, they hang out all day, drink martinis, whatever." I am like this is crazy! I could get away with anything I want. She was all, "Well, now is the time for you to go volunteer your time to the community and to your kids school." !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am all.. Hey now! Slow down little missy. I just barely found this stage YESTERDAY. Can I have a little time to enjoy this stage? I says, get off your high falootin "Captain of Volunteerism" soap box and let me take my time... WOULD YA? I didn't say this to her, but in the homeschooling world there is a time period known as "de-schooling"....at least I think that is what it is called. It is a space of time for kids that are taken out of public school, to take some time to de school.....relax a bit and get out of that mode, and prepare to begin a new one. So I am taking my time and going through my de - homeschooling period. I am almostpositive that there will come a time when I am board of only serving myself, and that the sheer guilt of it will drive me out of it before I need Mina to force me into it too early. I will when I am ready. Geeeeeeez. I'm going to the beach now. (ok, not really).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I de-homeschool with you? Even if I never homeschool and I still have kids at home? Tuesdays from 9-12 are good for me!

Anonymous said...

My aunt used to call me Tina Mina... It used to make me cry as I thought she was telling me I was mean. Maybe she was:)

Melissa said...

I wish you would Vanessa....lets pick back up where we left off w/ tennis lady. Tuesdays are open for me....hehe!