The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Details I will miss....

Each year while we were schooling at home I would have the kids do a self portrait. This is McCauley's first attempt. This is her to a T. I love the details of the arm bands, and SHREK head band. She is definitely a detail girl.
OK, this is Mister Lawson's second go at his self portrait. He really stressed over these things. He was so nervous. Didn't want to get it wrong. I think he came up with a pretty good likeness. The hair is spot on.
I love this one of Ryker. No matter what age he was, Ryker never left off his trade mark chin mole. It makes him unique and extra special.
We have had a blast with these over the years, just put the new creations on top of the old. They are hanging in the hall. Ethan has come a long way baby. Looks like he is really getting the hang of these things. This reminds me of the Mona Lisa portrait....I can't quite decide on what emotion he is feeling. Is that surprise?? Just serious thought? I don't know.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You know what....why would we stop. We don't have to school at home to do self portraits. It is back on!!! New portraits coming up!!! Can't wait!

Mamapierce said...

What a great idea! :D