The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sad Moon River....

(photo taken by Ethan - we were on our way to scouts a few weeks back, the kids couldn't believe the rainbow cloud)
Tonight the kids and I watched Flicka for the first time. I can't count how many times the boys have talked me out of getting it from the library. I finally put my foot down and said McCauley and I are watching it....join us if you'd like. They couldn't tear themselves away from it. It was very good.
A little later after getting the gang all in bed, I came in to dig around and find some new songs for my playlist. I was having a grand time looking at all these most amazing blogs I could ever dream of, seeing unimaginable creativity, bright colorful pictures of homes and smiling children dressed in homemade attire. Moms making crafts and blowing bubbles with their immaculate children......and on and on and on. I started feeling like the BIGGEST LOSER!!!! I was starting to feel bad for my own kids.....what kind of drab, lifeless, existence do they endure??? What is going on here!? Can't I just look and be happy for those creative women that have thousands of followers and book deals and so forth? I guess not. BEWARE.....some of these blogs are now on my blog.....you can look at them if you want, I might again. Who knows. I had a lot of fun working on my playlist, one of the biggest song treasures I came across was Moon River I have always loved that song, just the melody of it, our kids have asked why I always sing it. I have no idea....I don't know when I would have even heard it, I don't think I have seen Breakfast at Tiffany's all the way through yet. I really only know the first two words - Moon River. That is it. I would sing that and then daaaaaaa da da da da the melody. But tonight that all changed, I know the words now. I sat and cried my eyes out, maybe I was still shook up from Flicka, maybe I still felt looserish from my blog envy, or maybe that song is just really full of emotion. In any case, I downloaded some new pictures from the beach and took a gander through our old ones and it made me feel a lot better. Our life is Plenty colorful. We have all we need........and even extra to share! (no one could doubt that with this colorful writing!)
Beautiful picture done my McCauley Tess.

No comments: