The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Coupon ORGANIZATION Strategy...

People ask me sometimes how I organize for my coupon trips.....now that my desk is cleared of debris I thought I would show you exactly how I have things set up. I love it. All of my coupons are within reach, along w/ my hard working printer, trusty scissors, and sharpie marker. Here is the run down: At all times I keep a 4 month supply of news paper insert coupons. So if you look at the dates below, you can see I have three months worth here- tonight I will go through May's stack and clip out any coupons that are not expired and file them in my loose coupon file system. September just began so that bumps May out of my 4 month supply.
I really like the pull out tray I have these on. It is attached to the bottom of my desk (really just an old table) I used to use it for my key board, but when I got my Mac I no longer needed it for that purpose. As a coupon shelf it is far more useful. Important NOTE: I no longer clip coupons...I keep the entire insert in tact. When I see a deal I want to pursue, I see which insert the coupon is located in, and then I clip my coupons. This is soooooo time saving.
Above is where I keep the 4th month's inserts....the month we are currently in. Below that I have my ALL YOU subscription coupons paper clipped together by month. I get two of the same issue per month. (don't want to be lop-sided.....always want to have at least two of every coupon ----BOGOs!) I also get two papers each Sunday (one Orlando Sentinel, and one Florida Today) there are some pros to not getting two copies of the same paper, they always have some different coupons, the news magazines are different, and many times also contain coupons. I was able to get amazing deals on my paper subscriptions - around .25 per paper. For sure do not pay more than $1 paper. You can haggle, and if you cancel a current subscription, they will call and offer you crazy good deals to get you back. Hold out as long as possible, be patient to get the best deal you can.
This is a stacker I use for my miscellaneous coupon books. Publix ads, coupon books that come in the mail, rebates I am not quite ready to act on, two are personal, or family holding slots. REMEMBER - PUBLIX COUPONS (the LU # coupons) never expire!!! Once a book expires, I try and file it in my binder so I can see what I have to work w/ on my shopping trips. Again - when you are picking up store booklets and monthly coupon books at your store, get at least two. On each trip I go in I will get two more and build my stockpile. I don't HOG UP THE WHOLE STACK , so there are some for my couponing friends, but I will slowly gather a few at a time as long as they are on display. BECAUSE PUBLIX COUPONS DON'T EXPIRE!! WE ARE SO LUCKY!! At least at the A1A location...don't know about the snooooty Eau Gallie store. Below is my wall of rebates. Once I send a rebate in I post it on my wall so I can see what has come in and what is still out. As they come in they are taken down and new go up.

I hope this helps someone! I am a lover of saving money!!! I am happy and excited to help any who are interested. (I wish my sister Amy would get a computer!!!) Two of my favorite CVS cashiers asked me yesterday if I saved money like I did in their store on my grocery bills as well. YEEEEEESSSSS! Do you want to know how???? A shout out to MELISSA WILSON.....she got me started on my coupon journey in April of 2009. She has been a fantastic mentor, and is a huge inspiration to me!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Wow. I have so much learning to do.