The Story Makers.

The Story Makers.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Running with a Buddy.....

This morning at 6:00 it was gorgeous weather outside. It has not felt that good in a long time. Shelly and I planned to meet up at Gleason to run the causeway. We met and were on our way. I felt so good. I really liked having a running buddy. It is a comfortable feeling having someone with you. Even if we are not talking, or maybe even running single file or whatever. It puts me at ease. It is easier and more enjoyable to focus on my surroundings, the beauty of the dark water, the pretty lights across the river, instead of wondering if I am being stocked, or if someone is about to jump out of the bushes and ambush me or something. So we are going along and I am feeling strong and pretty much like a well oiled - smooth - running machine. LOVING LIFE!! About this time I look over at Shell, and am like, are you ok? yeah, I'm fine, just feeling a little claustrophobic because my necklace is choking me, but I am going to see how far I can make it. WHAT? I don't think so little lady, not on my watch. So we pull over, but are soon are on our way again. I am still in my state of euphoria, actually verbalizing in my mind the joy I am feeling over not having any pain in my right knee. I am thinking, man, I am so glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. I have gotten past that place where my knee acts up. Whooohooo!!! THIS IS THE BEST RUN OF MY LIFE! So then we get to the bottom, and turn around and head back. Shell says she is going to take a slower pace, no prob. I pull ahead a bit, top and head back down......but wait, what is that I feel creeping on??? Nooooooo it is not......! My knee. It must be that it is not used to the incline/decline, since this is the only "hill" we have here!! I tell you it came on fast and furious. I stop to stretch a bit and wait for Shelly. She is right there. We go again, but I am practically limping, I am on the verge of having to say something, fighting the thought of quitting. I am supposed to be the runner here!! I am just about to cave when Shelly blurts out, I am so sorry to be the wet towel, but I have to stop, I need to walk. Say HALLELUJAH!!! Good greif! Anyway, we made it back eventually, walking some, running some. I'd like to try again on Thursday....you in Shell? GO RAGNAR RUNNERS!!! Hope you are holding up better than the two of us.

7 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Let me know if you need a "buddy" to go out to eat with sometime. :D

Aubrey said...

So exciting to hear your running adventures!
Hope your knee feels better!

HB said...

Good one Jill.

Maybe you shouldn't show off if you haven't been running for a while - JK. Don't overdo it so you can't run as much as you would like to...good grief, I sound like Mom. As any good mother figure, I will want to know how Thursdays run goes.

HB

Anonymous said...

Go to walmart and get a knee brace. It will help but becareful You don't want to end up like me a few years ago.

Melissa said...

Tina??? What are you doing up at 4:47am? How are you feeling????

Shelly Hyde said...

Yes I am the buddy. I agree Melissa . I like just knowing you are there, even if you are 50 yards ahead of me. Im a little freaked out by running in the dark... this morning when I was waiting on you to meet me, I locked my doors. I'm glad we are getting our butts in to gear.

mytalkinghead said...

Min you are hilarious! I read your post yesterday then worked my way over to Hugs, read hers, and Im slowly getting mine going.. I was telling Aim how funny it is to read you and hugs stories and realize how alike we all are. At least in our story telling! Love you, cant wait to see you! ker